The attic is built on a grate made of wooden profiles.
In wooden construction, it is important to use high-quality material with the same degree of dryness.
The paneling of the roof slopes can be made of a single layer of thick gypsum boards 12,5 mm or from a double layer of these plates. The thickness of the paneling layer affects the degree of fire resistance of the building.
Drywall can be installed perpendicular or parallel to the direction of the wooden battens. The spacing of wooden battens depends on the direction of fixing the boards, which should be adjusted to the width of the boards. The compaction of the supporting grating made of wooden battens increases the fire resistance of the plating.
• In case of single plate plating 12,5 mm the spacing of the battens should be 40 cm (horizontal paneling parallel to the grate).
• With a double plate plate 2 x 12,5 mm the spacing of the battens should be 60 cm (horizontal paneling parallel to the grate) i 75 cm (vertical paneling perpendicular to the grate), however, in order to obtain fire resistance F1, the batten spacing should be compacted to 40 cm.
The recommended cross-section of wooden battens depends on the board thickness and the spacing of roof rafters, to which the grate is attached:
– 50 x 30 mm – single plating, rafter spacing every 85 cm,
– 60 x 50 mm – single plating, rafter spacing every 120 cm,
– 60 x 40 mm – double plating, rafter spacing every 85 cm,
– 60 x 50 mm – double plating, rafter spacing every 100 cm.